Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Never Stop Learning

What's the one thing that consistently sets a successful person apart from the rest? Knowledge. The most successful people I know are always reading, watching industry trends, and keeping their ears to the ground for what's new & exciting.

I subscribe to about 30 different RSS feeds on coding, qa, and sales engineering. A lot of the people I follow on Twitter work in those fields. I read up on what's hot in their fields, and then I can speak more intelligently when I'm asked a question about Visual Studio 2010, agile test automation, or how to give a better presentation. That information helps me do a better job, which keeps me employed, which is a happy thing :)

No matter what your role, whether it's sales, testing, development, or something else, there's always something new for you to learn. Keep learning, and you'll never be bored, you'll keep your skillset current, and you'll be able to do your job more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment