Monday, January 18, 2010

The Rule of 10

When I was in college, we had a rule that if a professor was 10 minutes late for class, then the class was automatically canceled. I have a similar rule for online demos with my sales team.

It goes something like this. Let's say we've set up the demo for 2 pm. My sales rep and I will typically log on between 1:50 and 1:55. If the customer has not logged in by 2:05, the sales rep calls the customer. If there's no response, we wait another 5 mins and try calling again. If there's still no response, we cancel the call. We then leave a message saying something to the effect of : "We're sorry we weren't able to connect with you today, please give us a call and let us know when you'd like to reschedule the demo."

Do you have any similar approaches for when people don't show up to demos or meetings? Please let me know in the comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment