Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Kindle

My family bought me a Kindle 2 for my birthday a couple months ago, and I am totally enamored with the device. I really do forget that I'm not reading a physical book. The electronic ink the Kindle uses is crisp, and very easy on the eyes. The only downside is how easy it's become to drop a ton of money at Amazon.

Here's a brief sampling of some of the titles I've picked up so far:

The Prince. This book should be in everyone's library. Machiavelli has a bad rep, but this book is extremely insightful. I have a paperback copy, but it's getting pretty tattered.

UR. I'm a big Stephen King fan, and this novella is a story about the Kindle. He ties it in nicely with the Dark Tower and From a Buick 8.

Agile Testing - A Practical Guide For Testers and Agile Teams. This is a great overview of agile testing, and what a tester's role is in an agile environment.

The Little Red Book of Selling - It's marketed as a sales book, but this little gem can be applied to achieving pretty much any goal you may have.

Goblin Hero - If you've ever read epic or heroic fantasy, you owe it to yourself to pick up the Goblin books by Jim C Hines. They give you a look at what it's like from the Goblin's point of view, and they're really funny.

I'll post more in-depth reviews as time goes on. What are you reading these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment